Aug 18, 2009

Who am I? And why am I wearing these clothes?

I think hanging around college students all day long makes me think I'm younger than I really am. Sometimes I forget I'm 31. Ema is quick to remind me when I do, though. Tonight I tried to shop for clothes in the Junior's department. Things were either too immodest, too tight in the hips (what do you expect people, I've birthed two kids), or too long (short legs - it's a curse).

After my Junior's experience went horribly wrong, I moseyed on over to the Women's. I'm a woman, right. WRONG. They were very much OLD LADY clothes and I am not one of those.

Hmmm. Guess that's why they made the Misses department. Instead of Avril Lavigne designing your skinny pants, you get Daisy Fuentes. Ya, sounds better. I still wasn't that impressed. It was like they were trying too hard to be in between Juniors and Women's and it just wasn't working for me.

So, I left with a necklace. It was quite depressing actually. Isn't shopping supposed to cheer you up?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am almost 40 and I still have the same problem!!! It stinks! I don't want to wear Jrs, well, because I am NOT one! Yet, I am not an old lady either. . .maybe we should create a line of clothing for the 30-40 something set who isn't quite ready for Grandma clothes! :D

Tera said...

I think you look great as model "A." Go with it!

Fun with the Fenton's said...

Shopping rarely makes me feel better. I finally learned that I have to shop in the petites, as I was way too short for normal people pants. Ugh! And I do agree, they make women's clothes way too old lady like. Who is in charge here, we should complain! :-)

Brooke said...

I am with ya on this one. So hard to find cute clothes that you can actually wear with g's and that are cute. Maybe we need to start our own clothing line! Wouldn't that be funny! Me who can't even sew!

Lindsey said...

I totally agree! Shopping in Jr's makes me feel like such an old lady, but there's no way I can shop in the women's department! ALSO, I hate that when I go into the other stores, like Aero or Hollister, I have to wear an EXTRA LARGE! I know I'm not the extra largest person out there, so I guess those stores are meant for like 10 year olds or something!

Jayne said...

I love "A" and I think you could totally pull it off.

Ruth said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who gets frustrated while shopping. It used to be so fun.! What happened??? And if there are this many women out there wondering where in the heck we can find cute clothes, that fit right, that match our age, and that work with our modesty standards . . . then YES, please someone, start a new clothes line that we can buy at Target!

Thanks for this post Alicia. I feel much better. Wish I would have found it earlier this month!