My Family. By this I mean ALL SORTS of family. My in-laws are the greatest and always willing to watch the kids if I need a little "me" time. My mom has been down for a week and it has been so fun having her in close proximity. It made me realize that no matter how old you are . . . a girl always needs her mom. While my mom was here, my Grandpa's only surviving sister and brother flew to St. George with some of their children for a "mini-reunion". I have such a great family heritage and it was so fun to meet and get to know my Mother's cousins. My family doesn't do "reunions" like other family's do. We are scattered and a bit more distant, but we are still family and I loved seeing similarities and feeling fondness for these great aunts and second cousins. It was priceless.
My Mission. Last night, my cousin Kaitlyn received her mission call to the New Jersey, Cherry Hill Mission. This brought back SO many memories for me. I am SO grateful for the choice I made to go and I know that it was the BEST decision I could have made at that time in my life. I am grateful for the friends I made, the experiences I had and the lessons I learned. I know I am a better person because of it and I cherish the memories. Congratulations Kaitlyn.
My Job. Even though I took this job kicking and screaming, I am grateful for a reliable income. I am grateful that my husband has a well-paying job and we are no longer struggling to make ends meet. I am grateful to be entering the holiday season with a surplus and the ability to share what I have with others. I am grateful to be healthy enough to work and have good boss' who care about my well being.
My Blogging Friends. If you only knew how often I checked your blog, hoping for updates. I am thankful that I have been able to continue friendships that otherwise could have been lost or forgotten with moves and changes in life. I am thankful for your words of wisdom, advice and humor. I am thankful for your comments on my blog, because you know how important they are to a blogger. And finally, I am thankful that you have allowed me see a piece of your life and get to know you for who you are and what is important to you. Thank You!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
thanks for sharing your wisdom with us too! :)
Your awesome and I think if you knew how much I checked YOUR blog, you would laugh at me. :)
Love it! :)
Hey, I'm thankful for you too!!! :) And my bro went to the Cherry Hill mission...she'll love it!
You are such a dearie. I love you! You are the reason I have such great memories of the mission. I still remember the song we wrote: "I am learning how to spell . . ."! And do you remember when we left outlines of our dead bodies for the elders to find? So much joy!
What a great blog. (How could it be anything less coming from such a great person). Happy Holidays. More than that, happy life!
John & Karen Carter
Post a Comment