Dec 6, 2009

My Inner Holiday Debate

Now is about the time that I get ready to send out holiday cards.  The problem is that most people who I would send cards to are reading this blog.  Don't you already feel like you know what's going on in my life?  So why waste the time, energy and money sending out holiday cards?  I thought about sending one that said this:

Dear Friends and Family,


We thought about spending a lot of time typing up a letter, attaching pictures and going on and on about how great our lives are.  Not to mention how cute/smart/coordinated/artistic/witty our kids are.  Then we remembered we have a blog and we do these things on a regular basis.  
So, if you want to know how we are doing, you can quickly check out our blog (www.mosspatch.blogspot.com) that we try to keep updated with pictures and narratives of our wonderful/amazing/splendid lives which are sometimes sprinkled with adversity.  


If you are getting this card it means we want to know what’s going on in your life because we care about you and your family. We are hoping to receive updates of you this holiday season soon!


Justin, Alicia, Ema & Bracken

I also considered just sending a holiday photo card.  You know - the simple ones with your families CUTEST family pic that just says "Merry Christmas".  Then I don't have to take time to type up anything witty or cute.

I am also considering doing NOTHING.  

So, my dear cyber-friends - WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT YOUR HOLIDAY GREETINGS?
Are you sending cards? Emails? Letters?  I'm curious to know.  Check out my poll above and let me know.

6 comments:

Eve said...

I am sending a few cards out with Christmas Carols on a CD. The card is personal. I figure they can read the blog to find out more about my life. Not many cards are going out--but it's good for peeps I want to remember, but won't be seeing this holiday season.

Unknown said...

I think you should send that letter as-is! We're sending photo cards, mostly to just family since they rarely check our blog, but only because I got the cards for free :) We're also going to include a little letter with the highlights and a note to check our blog for more.

Morgan & Heidi Taylor said...

I always like reading your posts! I liked your letter you wrote. Some people might not check the blog or only check it once so I think it's good to send a card/letter. We got yours last year and liked it! I think it makes people feel like you care or are thinking of them when they get something. Even if it's just an ecard. Have a fun December!!!

Tera said...

I'm sending picture cards with a note to check out my blog to read our Christmas letter. I guess I should get working on that christmas letter, eh?

Anonymous said...

Cards and letter. I have always done it, I just can't break tradition! I do like the idea of just a simple card saying check out our blog for our Christmas letter. Maybe I will do that next year ;)

Rachel said...

I'll send cards to those who send me cards. That's how I always do it. I love wallpapering my front door with them all! I still have yours from last year! I was looking at it yesterday. :) So if you want one, let me know girl because I think your address changed!