Jun 20, 2010

The UN-Birthday Party

Since my both of my kids were denied friend birthday parties this year, we decided to have them an UN-Birthday.

We started by picking out cakes.  

Ema chose a Hawaiian theme with her picture on it.  (Vanity runs on the Bush side)

Bracken chose a skateboard cake.  Very grown-up!

We then thought it would be fun to pull out the floating gazebo:


Ha Ha! Don't worry.
It only ended up like that a half a dozen times throughout the day.  And usually it was because of my wonderful husband. The kids had a blast jumping in and out, spinning, bouncing, swimming and diving.

Lindsay, Jaksyn, Eden, Ema and Bethany  (P.S.  You see how Ema's hugging her friend?  THIS, my friends is why we have a hard time thinking of leaving St. George)

Slayde, Bracken and Robbie

The kids played for a few hours and then we had cake.  Bracken got messy eating his and so I said, "It's ok.  It will wash off in the pool".  The next thing I knew he was trying to rinse his paper plate in the pool.  Guess he misunderstood me.

Every little girls dream is to have her face on a cake.  Isn't it?

It was a great party.  

After cake, we let the kids open a gift.  They were clothes.  Nothing exciting.  But practical.  Very practical.

Dinner at Pizza Factory and then we went and saw Karate Kid.  (Which, btw was really cute. It was long.  And I think both of my hips went numb.)
sidenote: look at how my kids are standing in EXACTLY the same position with their water bottles under their arm and the same smile on their face.  It's CRAZY.  I didn't even notice it until I was browsing through pics tonight. Talk about TWINNERS!

After a long day and oodles of fun, the kids were beat!  Bracken didn't hesitate to tell us he was going to bed and this is how I found him less than 5 minutes later:

Ema, of course, found time for her cereal before hitting the sack.  

What a GREAT DAY!  I am so glad that despite being incredibly tired, I went ahead with this.  I think they'll always remember the year we celebrated their UN-BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You are the funnest mom EVER! Love the face cake--mmm!