Jun 17, 2010

My Little Fishies

 WARNING: Excessive Bragging
Because summers are busy for me, Ema and Bracken have been spending most of everyday in the pool

I haven't heard them complain yet.


They just completed their first session of swim lessons and they're becoming quite the little fish.


Bracken finished Level 2 with flying colors.  I think it was hard for him because he was a little advanced for the class. It was interesting to watch him in the class.  He likes to do his own thing.  The teacher would tell him to do something and he would put his own "twist" on it to make it his own.  I realized he is NOT going to be a conformist.  AT ALL.  He is not afraid to be himself and I love that about him.  Even at swimming lessons. 

Ema completed Level 3, but is swimming laps like she's on swim team. (Her teacher told me she's almost a Level 5!) It's so fun to watch her.  She's so graceful in the water. One of her friends from Bloomington Hills was in Bracken's class.  Ema was talking about how she wished that she would have been in her class instead.  I explained that she was just a little more advanced of a swimmer and that's ok.  THEN, Ema proceeded to tell me how annoying it is to be smart.  Because she has to "wait for her friends to catch up" with her. And she's always doing things by herself.  I had to giggle.  I've never heard anyone complain about being smart!


I'm so grateful that my kids know how to swim so well.  Now, if they could only teach their mother . . .


1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hello. Sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by. But I wanted to say congrats on your upcoming baby girl! You look great!