Jun 4, 2010

Things Happen

I've realized that a lot of the time I don't blog it's because either:


a) I forget my camera at all of the important events and (since I hate pictureless posts) refuse to blog w/o pictures . . . or . . .

b) Think about my week and believe nothing exciting is happening.  

So this week, out of an insatiable desire to blog about SOMETHING/ANYTHING/NOTHING, here it goes:





Quotes of the Week:
 "Sometimes I hate being smart.  I mean, none of your friends are on your level and you're always having to wait for them to catch up to you. It's so boring sometimes." 
- -Ema (talking about being in an advanced swim class.)

"Mom, I will just hide under a blanket in the car when we go somewhere so the police don't arrest you" 
- - Bracken (referring to hiding his sunburn because I said I might get in trouble if people see how much I let him get sunburned)

What's Going on This Week:
The baby is extremely wiggly.  She is getting stronger and has enough space that I'm pretty sure she's doing backflips. We think we might have a name picked out for her too and that's pretty exciting.  But, we learned our lesson with Ema - so, no one find out her name til we meet her.  

We spent last weekend/Memorial Day in Pine Valley/Pinto for a family reunion.  I forgot my camera, but you can see some pics of the weekend by clicking here

We booked flights today for our family vacation to California.  We're driving my Grandma to Sacramento to stay with my Auntie Tree and then we're flying home with the kids.  I found the flights for $9.99 per person.  Nope.  That's not a typo.  It was quite a bargain! 

Exciting things that I forgot to blog about LAST WEEK:
  • Ema is completely done with 1st grade.  My little girl is growing up and talking about boys.  I hate it.  Completely.  100% hate it. But I know I have to allow it, and so I will.

  • Bracken had a karate "tournament" and had a bunch of family attend.  He talked about it for weeks (possibly months) and as he was sitting in the audience getting ready, he says " Dad.  I'm nervous".  We realized our outgoing, extrovert of a son can get nervous.  I didn't realize it was an emotion he was capable of!  He was very adorable as he performed his routine with shyness.  It is not a norm for little B and it was cute to see.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

WHAT!?!?!?! $9.99 per person to fly there!?!?!? I think I would go just to GO even though I don't know what I'd do! That's insane!!! Where did you get such a deal from?