Apr 7, 2008

Backward

We're full-time parents again!
I mean, for two weeks there were two people (HALF of our family) missing!!

Ema missed a lot of preschool while she was gone. One of the things that she was the most upset about missing was April Fools' Day. So I promised her that we would have a "backwards day" when she got back. It turned into just a "backwards dinner" because I wasn't willing to wear my clothes inside out...

This was what we came up with. First, we had the breadsticks. I think Bracken ate six or seven by himself. Then we had some OREOS. Bracken's favorite part is the frosting. Surprising? I didn't think so.

The pizza came last. *Pinapple and cheese. It's the best. Really. You should try it sometime!*

We flipped our paper plates over and ate on top of them. Then Ema grabbed her chop sticks and tried to eat her pizza with them. It was HILARIOUS to watch. Right before I shot this picture she dropped a piece on her lap and she sat for two minutes trying to pick it back up with her chopsticks!



Ema really enjoyed making a DOUBLE DOUBLE STUFFED OREO!


We had a great night with our kids! We're very happy parents right now...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that you have your kids back! Looks like you guys had a great evening! Hopefully this will be one of their fondest memories!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute idea. What cute parents you are. Its always fun having your family back.

Megan H

Alisha said...

What a fun idea! That's so nice that your kids are back.

Rachel said...

You guys are so creative! Glad they're home with you, I bet you were going nuts!

*Katie* said...

We're so glad they're back!

Chase, Amy, and Carter said...

You guys are such fun parents! I know that Bracken and Ema just love it! They are such fun little kids. I am glad you had some alone time, but I am glad you are parents again! :)