I wasn't going to post about this election. Those who know me well know how I feel personally and can probably guess which way I voted. I have the t.v on and The View ladies are talking. Many of you might not know that Elizabeth Hasselback has gotten a lot of heat from some of the other ladies (most voting Democrat) for standing strong as a Republican and supporting John McCain. Here is what she said today,"No one lost today. And God knows I fought hard on the other side, but today is a victory for this country to have Barack Obama be our president. The first black president . . . to have 14 million more voters in this election than the last. . .today is victory. I haven't felt this good throughout the entire election process. . . The power that he has. I will get in a long line of supporters, I wasn't the first, but I will jump in that line and support our president because that is what, as an American, what I believe we should do."
I have read many posts this morning about people's individual reactions to this election. Some have said that they felt peace after they voted, peace watching the acceptance speech, or peace knowing they did what they could to participate in democracy. What a wonderful country we live in. I hope that now the negativity and bad words will stop and we will support the leader that has been chosen to represent our country and lead us through the next four years. No matter who we voted for.
And that's why Elisabeth Hasselbeck is my TV guide reader's CHEER of the week!
2 comments:
i love her for standing up for what she believes in. I thought she said that very gracefully!
I am right there sheering with you!
Sarah
cheering!!!!SORRY
Post a Comment