First of all, let me tell you this: Australia,has bombed according to Hollywood standards. It has only made a little over $30 million in its first two weekends. It may seem like a lot of money, but the movie cost over $130 millon to make. OUCH! It was the most expensive movie ever made in Australia and film maker Baz Luhrmann took a lot of heat for that. People criticized him for making a movie that expensive at a time when families are having a hard time making ends meet. Do you want to know what he said?
"In a world where there's a lot of fear, I hope you can come out of the cinema after a few hours and feel like its been an enriching experience. If you get a little bit of that and you have been entertained, then that is enough for me."
Then his movie was successful.

The cinematography in this film is absolutely breathtaking. Each scene is shot like it is capturing a beautiful picture on a canvas. LOVED the experience of watching.
The story in this film is based during WWII Australia. It reminded me of Gone With the Wind a little bit. An Epic of sorts. LIKED the story
The movie is LONG. Over 2 hours. Wished it was shorter (we were paying a babysitter), but I think it would have been hard to tell the story and feel the emotions in less than 2 hours.
I wont tell you anymore. I will tell you this: I recommend this movie to those who love beautiful movies or want to be taken back in time. I recommend this movie if you enjoy a good epic.
My grade as a woman who is a sucker for a good love story, fell in love with Gone with the Wind at 16, and melts for accents? B+
sorry if this review was long. the movie was too.
(definition: Epic, n: a long poem in elevated style narrating the deeds of a hero. )I don't recommend this movie if you're butt goes numb easily. You will be distracted.
My grade as a woman who is a sucker for a good love story, fell in love with Gone with the Wind at 16, and melts for accents? B+
sorry if this review was long. the movie was too.
No comments:
Post a Comment