Mar 19, 2009

A Day at the Temple

Riding from Alpine to Draper. Its so much fun to take trips with a car full of people. Even if its only a 15 minute drive!

For those of you who have never had the opportunity to go through an LDS temple, its quite the experience and I would encourage you to go if you ever get the chance. First, we sat through a wonderful video presentation about the history of Temples and the city of Draper. Bracken kept asking me if we were in the temple yet. He seemed really excited. At one point he asked if Jesus was going to "come down, down, down from heaven into the temple." It was tender.
After the presentation, they load you into a bus and take you to the Temple site. Bracken LOVES bus rides and he had to sit by the window (even though he was sitting next to two strange ladies). He just kept to himself and stared out the window.
Us girls, on the other hand, were making silly faces and enjoying the ride in a loud and obnoxious way.The Temple was beautiful. Sorry, no pictures of that! But afterward, they directed us to a church across the street where we had yummy cookies and bottled water. Which was Bracken and Ema's favorite. I'm not guessing here -they actually told me that it was their favorite part. I shouldn't have asked, but I was hoping they'd say something like "the pretty chandelier". Hmm. Maybe next time.It was a great day and so fun to see the kids explore a place that we speak of so often. I am SO grateful we were able to go.

No comments: