Justin was accepted to the
Masters in Conflict and Dispute Resolution
Masters in Conflict and Dispute Resolution
at the
We're going to be Ducks! he he.
Well, at least he is. He starts August 13th. I will stay here for a few months and keep working until we can get a house in Eugene and then I will move up (hopefully in October) with the kids. It's a two year program, but he's planning on doing a dual degree while we're there - so it will be more like three years that we'll be gone.
Justin's little brother Josh and his wife will be in Seattle for grad school so we're excited to have family (relatively) close!
A few little facts about Eugene:
- Population 140,550
- The city's motto is: "The World's Greatest City of the Arts and Outdoors"
- Although there are incredible recreational activities that surround Eugene, it is most known for its residents who tend to lean to the left (politically - not physically).
- 11% of the population are LDS

- Although University of Oregon is Eugene's most famous University - it is also home to SIX other institutions of higher education!
- Eugene sits in the Willamette Valley - pronounced "Will-ah-met"
- The average high July temperature is 90 (yep, folks. that's their HIGH)
- They get an average of 46" of rainfall a year with 7" of snow. Want to know what Salt Lake gets? 15.7" BUT if you count Utah's 64" of annual SNOWFALL, then really Utah's wetter!
- There's NO state sales tax in Oregon

8 comments:
Oregon isn't that bad! And, you'll know some really cool people in Portland to hang out with, when you come up to P-town! Or, a weekend trip to the coast! And don't be scared of the liberals, you already befriended one in Utah (LOL, that would be me!) Good luck with the move, and if you need any help, let us know. A quick trip down to Eugene isn't that bad!!
Yay, I'm so excited for you guys! We LOVED Oregon when we were there, although it was only a couple days. My BIL served his mission there and he loved it too. Steven's first comment as he read over my shoulder was "Oregon - where you can't pump your own gas." You'll have to let us know if that's everywhere in Oregon, or just where we were.
Congratulations and good luck!!!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you!! I was in Oregon this past Spring and I thought it was insanely gorgeous! I am way happy for you, congrats! I have family that live in Oregon and they love it and I am slightly envious of them for all the good they say about it. Congrats!
Congratulations! You will love it here! If you need anything. Let us know. We love it up here. Call us and we can fill you in. 360-892-5352
ohhhh! I love Eugene! We have family friends that live there and they absolutely LOVE it! It's a great city. Soooooo, beautiful! It's really close to the coast which is really neat. They have gorgeous beaches...that are really cold, but it's fun to stick your feet in the water and see all the cool sea life along the rocks and coral. Congrats Justin! You guys are going to enjoy two years there!
Sounds wonderful! What is Justin getting his masters in? Dual masters are awesome. 3 years flies by, and it's worth the extra time. It's crazy how qualified people think you are!
Oregon is awesome! Erick grew up there. I hope you enjoy every moment. Good luck with everything. I am excited for you. Enjoy your new adventure!
We enjoyed the full service gas when we drove through two weeks ago. Apparently, it's illegal to pump your own gas anywhere in the state. Crazy!
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!! What an adventure, you will love it!!! I'm sure you'll make a huge splash there, just like everywhere you go and I can't wait to read about all your antics!!!
Post a Comment