Sep 28, 2009

$ Dollar Store Family Night $

A few weeks ago, we were driving around town on a Monday night trying to figure out something fun to do. I had this idea that turned out to be kind of exciting. I gave everyone someone's name. Their job was to spend only $1 on this person at the dollar store. Kind of like a Christmas in September thing. So I took Ema shopping for her Dad and I had little B. Justin shopped for me and Bracken for Ema. We spent almost 45 minutes in the dollar store looking for gifts. We probably would have finished a lot sooner, but Ema takes these kinds of things VERY SERIOUSLY. I found B these great Power Ranger window clings (that are now hanging on the bathroom mirror, btw). Bracken picked out a packed of 6 glow bracelets for Ema. I ended up with some darling argyle socks & Justin a big huge root beer float mug. The most interesting thing was that none of us saw the things that were purchased for us because we were so completely focused on shopping for someone else. It was great fun and only cost us $4 + tax!



1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is the cutest idea ever!! We've gotta do that sometime! Because though we don't have *ANY* other normal stores here, we DO have a dollar store, haha!