Jan 14, 2010

Snoozing

We all do it.  

I set my alarm for 7:20 knowing that I will push snooze TWICE and not actually get up until 7:45.  I plan for this when I set my alarm.  So, in actuality I am PLANNING on PROCRASTINATING my exit out of slumber for the day.  


I guess we have these people to thank:



This appeared in the November 1970 issue of LIFE magazine.  


Our lives have never been the same, have they?

This made me think about all the other things I PLAN on PROCRASTINATING.  This month when I called my visiting teaching companion I told her that it would work the best for me to go the last week of the month, because I am busy most of the other weeks.  ha ha.  How's that one for cliche'.  And I usually wait to do laundry until my kids are complaining that they don't have any clean undies anymore.

What kinds of things do YOU plan to procrastinate?  And if you are one of those perpetually prepared, always stick to my planner, never go over budget and always eat what's on the menu for dinner, then what's your secret????

3 comments:

Damaris said...

I really hate shopping for clothes. I wait for my second-to-last pair of jeans to rip, then I wear my last not-holey pair the next day, wait for the end of the day when the kids are in bed and then drag myself out the door to go buy more jeans so I won't have to wear pjs the next day. Occasionally, if I have nothing going on the next morning, I'll drag it out one more day and wear my pjs all morning while washing my one pair of intact jeans.

Rachel said...

Never had a budget, what is a menu???, and I don't even own a calender. I am one big box of forgetfulness. :) I don't procrastinate anything...I just forget it ALL! It's bad...

Ben and Summer said...

Ha ha Alicia, if you find out the secret pass it along to ALL of us who are waiting with baited breath! I do the EXACT same thing with the alarm. It's down from pushing it for like an hour and a half in college;) You're awesome! Keep up the good work.